January 13, 2012

A Little Bit of This..

and a little bit of that.


Remember my New Year's Resolution post? Well, I'm happy to update that we've been working on it. 

We emptied out the all the crap in our living room into the dining room and did a little bit of prep work. And by we, I mean le husband and my mother-in-law. Someone has to watch the kids, ya know.


So this is sort of what we started with. Emphasis on sort of. These were taken after we had stripped the room down to bare bones. See those big windows? They look out onto my front porch and I LOVE them. 



Fun fact about this house. The previous owners obviously had a thing for the color yellow. My living room was yellow. My den is yellow. My upstairs hallway is yellow. My bathroom is yellow. My bedroom is yellow. The nursery is yellow. But get this..they're all different shades of yellow. 

I HATE YELLOW.

It makes the house feel dingy and dated. Doesn't help that the some of the walls are dinged up. (THANKS KIDS!) But one thing at a time, right?

We de-yellowized (I make up my own words now apparently.) the living room. I'm not calling these pictures AFTER, because this room is far from complete. 



We're still on working on furniture placement and lighting and accessories and throw pillows and artwork and blah blah blah blah blah.

But y'all! Ding, dong...the yellow's gone!

....

I was almost excited to see that we were in for a little bit of snow overnight. After the mild, disappointing winter we've had, the kids have been itching for some fresh snow to play in.

We were supposed to get 6+ inches...

We woke up to an inch of snow. Talk about a let down. 






....

Instagram is being a punk, so my Friday Photo Dump will have to wait. 

But here's a video of Remy and le husband instead.




4 comments:

  1. Wow! It looks like a completely different room. I like the lamp shades with that color too.

    Yellow story? In high school I decided I wanted my room yellow. Glossy, canary yellow. Two days and I had blankets pinned over my windows. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That color definitely makes the room a lot more habitable and enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE the transformation!! great color choice............gotta LOVE great husbands and great mothers/mother-in-laws!!! and I want Livi's scarf and gloves.....little fashionista!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THESE are amazing shots! Breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...