February 22, 2013

Quick Takes.

Linking up with Jen as always!




1. Were ya shocked by my announcement? Who am I kidding? We all saw that plot twist from three miles away. Though I can't help but giggle at myself from 3 months ago, the girl who swore that, if we were to have any more children, they certainly wouldn't be as close in age as Remy and Rosie. God has a sense of humor, obviously, because Rosie and this new little bundle of sweetness will be about 14 months apart. 

2. That means that if Remy doesn't jump on the potty training bandwagon (please, God, PLEASE.) we're looking at three kids in diapers by this fall. 

3. How am I feeling? I've been going to bed before 10 every night for the past week and have already found myself avoiding foods that would otherwise make me sing with glee. So...I feel pregnant.

4. Also, did you know that with the fifth child, you basically start showing from the moment of conception? At the rate I'm going, I'll look ready to pop in approximately 3 months. I'm sure that has nothing to do with all the Cadbury eggs I've consumed this week, nothing at all.

5. In other, non-uterus related news, we switched cable providers earlier this week. With the new cable, came the ability to start watching Downton Abbey from the very beginning.

OMG.

I am obsessed. More than obsessed. I'm in love. And I'm angry with all of you for not insisting that I watch this masterpiece. I'm almost through with season one and depending on whether or not I can completely ignore all my household chores for the next couple days, I'll be caught up with the rest of you. 

6. Last night, I decided to go to the store after the kids were in bed to pick up the groceries we'll need for the week. I normally would go during daylight hours, with the kids, but it seemed prudent to go before we get all that snow and ice scheduled for tomorrow, instead of trudging the kids out in that nonsense. My phone died half way through walking the labyrinth that is Wal-Mart. And I returned home to an inconsolable, red-faced, screaming, half-dressed Rosie and one frazzled shell of a husband. The frazzled husband handed me the little terrorist and she immediately stopped crying. Further proving that I will probably never be able to leave the house alone again for at least five years. Couldn't help but laugh when, after charging my phone, I check my voicemail to find the husband left the shortest, yet most accurate description of what was going down at mi casa while I was away...

(baby screaming in the background)

"At least we're not all dead."

(more baby screaming.)

click.

7. My oldest somehow found this video a couple weeks ago and now we cannot stop singing this. And by we, I mean everyone in the house down to the two year old. It's the most annoying, terrible thing I've ever seen and it will get stuck in your brain. Just a heads up.


4 comments:

  1. I didn't click the video, sorry! I can't afford to have nonsense in my head right now. ;)

    Also...I have always felt like I start showing earlier and earlier. But with #6...I swear, we conceived and I showed next day...not kidding. Of course, I just thought it was gas because I was spending 2 weeks convincing myself all about how absolutely impossible it was that we conceived....hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jess!! I'll say a prayer for your pregnancy =) I thought I was the only one on earth who hadn't watched Downton Abbey yet--one of these days...I'm sure I'll react the same as you! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had 3 in diapers more than once. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I really am the last person not watching Downton Abbey... :-)

    So excited about your baby #5!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...