January 07, 2012

Year Six

"Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion. That is just being “in love” which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident."

A friend of mine posted this quote to Facebook a few months ago. It perfectly describes what we have.
To a freakin'  T. 

I love this man even when I can't stand him.




Happy "we've been married six years and still love each other", le husband. <3

....

My momma arrived last night. And being the saint she is, she immediately sprung into super Granny action. Insisting that we go out to dinner to celebrate our anniversary, ordering pizza for the kids, cleaning my kitchen. God bless that woman. 

....

Friday Photo Dump...on a Saturday.


I wish I could take credit for my new lamps, but my husband is basically Martha in a man's body.


Remember when I talked about making this house feel like our own? It's already under way!


First proper snow of the year. And of course, it happened on a day that I needed to be out on the roads. Thank you baby Jesus for trucks with four wheel drive and husbands that will leave work to bring you places because your car can't handle this white nonsense.


This is my face.


This is Olivia's face. She's snuggly.


Little dude is still obsessed.


Trouble with a capital T. Holy crap, is he all over the place.


9 weeks. I won't pretend that it looks like a pregnant belly yet, but I feel like I'm sporting one. 
I'm feeling jiggly?

....

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. that is one of my favorite love quotes. it describes love to a t. congrats on being together 6 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys had a great anniversary. I love that quote:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, hi... I don't know if this is totally creepy or not, but I'm pretty sure I found your blog on topmommyblogs.com when I was looking for bloggers to send product to - I work for a company that looks for review blogs and the like to work with. I quickly deduced that yours perhaps wasn't one of them, but something about it captured me and I kept reading. 2 hours later I realized that the reason I was so captivated by your blog is that it reminds me so much of me and my boyfriend. Even though we're not married (obvs) and don't have kids (yet... hopefully not for a while :P), I so often find myself showing him posts about your husband and I'm all, "Tell me this isn't you. Is this not our life?!" Minus the kids of course... but it always makes me smile. All your posts do really, and I just wanted to let you know. I can only hope my boyfriend and I can have a relationship and life together in 6+ years from now... maybe even some kids, who knows. So definitely congrats on that!! And hey, thanks for sharing your talents and trials and tribulations with us all :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...