January 25, 2012

Lately

-I underwent my second tooth extraction of the month earlier this week and I'm happy to report that I didn't kick any dental assistants. Sobbing uncontrollably, like a toddler, is more my style.

-My kitchen is in complete overhaul mode. It's making me twitch. Wanna see what I mean?


-It's coming along. My mom painted all the trim. We've removed all the doors and hardware. We've sanded and deglossed the cabinet frames and doors. We've primed the upper and lower cabinet frames. We've got two coats of paint on the upper frames. 80% of the cabinet doors have been primed. And we started putting a first coat on the upper cabinet doors last night. 

-This means we're only about 15% of the way done. What's left? 

  • Put two coats of paint on the lower frames. (The upper and lower cabinets will be two different colors.)
  • Finish painting upper cabinets. (Hoping to get this done in the next 48 hours.)
  • Finish sanding drawers and cabinet doors.
  • Start painting lower cabinets.
  • Refinish the cabinet hinges. 
  • Install new cabinet hardware.
  • Paint the wall near the kitchen entrance with magnetic and chalkboard paint.
  • Replace sink.
  • Install new countertops.
  • Paint kitchen walls.
  • Remove those God-awful under cabinet florescent lights.
  • Purchase and install new microwave and dishwasher.
  • Demo kitchen coat closet.
  • Give the ceilings a fresh coat of paint.
  • Install new floors.
  • Install new light fixtures.
Most of this isn't in order. And I know I'm forgetting a few steps, but as you can see, we have a LONG way to go. 

-I woke up yesterday, despite just having an old root canal yanked, completely full of energy. Feeling 100% myself again. A couple times during the course of the day, I found myself completely forgetting that I was even pregnant. (Except for wanting to eat my way through every Taco Bell in the tri-county area.) That's how good I felt. 

-We need to start car van shopping. I keep putting it off, not really wanting to deal with it. And speaking of car van shopping, you can click here to read a nifty little blog entry that sums up my thinking on minivans.

-12 weeks on Friday! And I THINK we have found a couple of names for this new baby. The planner in me wants to have the names pinned down before we go for our big gender revealing ultrasound. I'm definitely not ready to share them yet, but it's forthcoming. :)


2 comments:

  1. The kitchen I'm sure will look fabulous when you are done...what color will the cabinets be? and the walls? a really cool hanging light fixture above the sink would look pretty cool! I can't wait to see the finished product!! and good luck with that baby name thing.......I'm thinking another "R" name is in order!! Can't wait to hear the reveal! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It already looks like a completely different kitchen. I can't wait to see it finished :) As for the chalkboard paint... it will be loads of fun. Every now and then there's a giggle from downstairs as one of us realize the other wrote some ridiculous thing on the wall. Juts make sure you allow the full drying time in between coats.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...