October 07, 2011

It's Not Weird

In the past month or so, I've had a couple different variations of the following conversation with people from my life outside of the internet...

Me: (blah, blah, blah...something, something..)

Them: Oh yeah! I read about that on your blog! ........ (sudden look of embarrassment and horror)

(Awkward silence)

Me: You did? Awesome! I'm glad someone's reading.

Maybe it's because talking about myself online in front of complete strangers is becoming an old hat to me, but I'm always shocked that people are shy to admit that they read my blog. Like they feel they're intruding or being nosy.

So I say this to you, people from my "real" life..

You're not intruding.

You're not being nosy.

I want you to read.

I thank you for reading.

I want you to comment.

I want you to ask questions.

Yes, even you girl I went to school with but haven't spoken to in nearly 10 years.


...


I'm working on a Facebook page specifically for the blog, instead of clogging everyone's newsfeed every time I post here. I'll link it once it's done. 







2 comments:

  1. I'm here a lot. Too much probably. But I'm here. And I click the shit out of that top mommy blog thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know you. In real life. After I stumbled upon you on Top Mommy Blogs, I have read every post. If I saw you in real life, I wouldn't be shy to admit that I read every post. Like Heather up there, I also click the shit out of the Top Mommy Blog button. And you are my "competition" on that site. I guess that makes me a weirdo. But I like what you write...so I read. And I vote. Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...