December 10, 2012

A pinch of perspective.

For someone who claims to make the most of what I have, I sure do get caught up in the "wants." In fact, I struggle with this on a daily basis.

I want a bigger yard for my kids to be able to play in. I want an extra bathroom so that we don't have to coordinate bath time. I want new clothes. I want new furniture. And so on and so forth. 

I've had to remind myself over and over these past few weeks that we have MORE than enough. And without fail, when I'm making myself miserable with the wants, my Maw Maw and Paw Paw always pop into my head.

Devoted Catholics, they raised seven children during their 51 years of marriage. The house my mother recalls spending the majority of her childhood in was a 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 900 square foot house. My mother, her parents, her three sisters and three brothers plus a nephew lived in that tiny house. 

It wasn't perfect. And I'm sure it was mighty cramped. 

But it was enough.

"Better a little with fear of the LORD than a great fortune with anxiety." - Proverbs 15:16

...

If you could spare a quick prayer for my friend Erica and her family, it would be greatly appreciated. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...