October 19, 2011

For the Love of Mashed Potatoes

I have a picky eater on my hands.













Getting her to eat anything other than pancakes, Ramen noodles, or peanut butter and honey sandwiches is a struggle to the death.













So I usually don't make a fuss over it. Picking my battles, ya know?













Besides, my little brother pretty much only ate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from ages 3-7 and now he is a perfectly well-adjusted healthy food eating adult.













So fingers crossed that she'll look back at this and laugh at her hissy fits over mashed potatoes.













Until then, cake bribery seems to be working just fine.


6 comments:

  1. My sister ate only eggo waffles and swiss cake rolls for about 3 years. They get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like my little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can already sympathize...My toddler is a very picky eater. Providing her proper nutrition is a battle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm amazed at how often my daughter requests cheese quesadillas. breakfast, lunch, dinner. I try not to stress over it. could be worse, right? she could be addicted to sweets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute!! Debs Dealz stopping over to check out your site, I love it! I am your newest follower via GFC. I hope you will visit me back and follow me as well. www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anjolie totally only ate Carrots and Squash baby food. She is extremely picky. For the past few years her nourishment consisted of fruit (thankfully she likes something healthy), Captain Crunch, Peanut Putter and Jam, Pancakes, Macaroni and Fish sticks. Finally, I got tired of cooking separate meals just for her. So about 6 months ago I started the "This is what I cooked, this is what you will eat" kick. I am proud to say that she now will at least try everything I cook and eats a good 80% of it. So, YES..they do grow out of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...