August 26, 2011

Letters to Them

The fourth (I don't know. I'm losing count.) in a series of letter to my kidlets.

Dear Owen, Livi, and Remy,

What I'm about to tell you took me nearly 25 years to learn. I only hope by reading this that you will take this to heart and hopefully learn to do this sooner than I did.

Love yourself.

Be your biggest fan.  Be proud of who you are, where you came from, all your quirks, your flaws, the things that make you...you. 

Loving yourself means never having to look beyond yourself for validation. It means never letting your happiness depend on the whims of another person. It means taking care of yourself, treating your body and your mind with respect. 

Because you can never truly give love without first loving yourself.

Love, 
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...