March 30, 2011

On patience

"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow -- that is patience." - Source unknown


I'm not a patient person. I'm the least patient person I know. When I want something, I want it yesterday. But I believe we're all works in progress and I'm working on it. 

That counts for something, right?

A couple weeks back, we decided to take Owen out for a couple pictures. It was the first real beautiful, sunny, non-hypothermia inducing, spring-like day we'd had so far this year. 

I couldn't wait to get out and get my hands on my camera, but the sky was absolutely crystal clear, and that can make for difficult shooting depending on the location.

But, of course, I just couldn't wait. Instead of hanging around the house for the extra few hours, we headed out the door. 

I immediately regretted it once we got to our location. The sun was too harsh. There was not one bit of shade in sight. Instead of getting the shots I wanted, I ended up with blown out, shadowy, awful, no good pictures.

No bueno. 

This is an outtake from that day. 


Let's be honest, I have a lot left to learn.

And patience is at the top of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...